Friday, December 05, 2008

A Million Smile Man

He gave the world Mickey Mouse and has since been making world laugh through various cartoons and stories. Even 42 years after his death, Walt Disney continues to mesmerize the people world over. Even two world wars and threat of the terror has not diminished the power of Disney characters to entertain the audience. Today marks the 43rd death anniversary of Walt Disney.

As happens with most children, I came across Mickey Mouse early in childhood. I might be five or six years old. Mickey’s 50th anniversary was to be celebrated in that year. Thereafter, Donald Duck and Goofy also came in without any resistance. That delight lasted more than average as I found myself observing the cartoon characters for hours.

I was myself a cartoon lover and an aspiring cartoonist, though I did become one. Therefore I would try to imitate the drawings. I have not seen enough Disney movies in recent times nor do I watch cartoons anymore. But I still adore them. Still, I salute the man who created this wonderful fantasyland.
I think we need more these fantasies than all those extremely sophisticated sci-fi movies or disaster movies. I am sure those terrorist who fed on killing humans like rats have never seen Mickey, Donald or his three nephews. Had they seen it, world could have been much different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment