Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Purandar

Republic Day At Purandar

 

About three years ago, I spent my Republic Day holiday wandering in Pune with my friends. That was the day when I saw Shaniwar Wada first time. This time around I was at Purandar. Yesterday we went to here with my friend Tanaji. The famous fort in the history of Maratha empire. This was the fort where Chhatrapti Sambhaji born. Many a sites on the fort are in ruins. I am going to write about it later. But what made our trip special was that it was a Republic Day and we were on a fort once owned and occupied by Chhatrapati Shivaji.

 

The flag hoisting on the fort was done by Circle Officer of Purandar Taluka. Not many people were present at the occasion. But as the day progressed, people came in large numbers. The chanting of 'Shivaji Maharaj Ki Jai' could be heard everywhere. We left early, at about 3 Pm so we do not no how many people were there in the evening.

 -------------

 

 

 

 


Technorati Tags     ,,,,,,

0 comments:

Post a Comment