Monday, December 26, 2016

Pune Has Always Stood by Me - Deepa Malik

"Pune has always supported in my bad & good days also. I had to face many adverse conditions which inspired me in my journey," said Deepa Malik, an Indian athlete & Silver Medal winner in Shot Put Rio Paralympics 2016.  She was delivering a lecture to the students on ‘Ability Beyond Disability’ organized by MAEER’s MIT Group of Institutes, Pune & Rotary Club of Pune University. Prof. Sharadchandra Darade-Patil, Dean, MAEER’s MIT, Pune presided over the function. 

            Prof. Dr. L. K. Kshirsagar, Principal, MAEER’s MIT, Pune, Prof. Dr. M. S. Nagmode, Principal, MIT College of Engineering, Rtn. Pallavi Deshpande, President Elect Rotary Club of Pune University, Pune, Rtn. Dev Shahane, President Rotary Club of Pune University, Pune, Rtn. Mahesh Bhagwat, President Elect Rotary Club of Pune University, Pune, Rtn. Sujata  Kulkarni, Youth Director, Rtn. Prachi Dharamsi were present on this occasion.
            Deepa Malik  said, “I was hospitalized for three years during my childhood in Southern Command Hospital, Pune.  Everybody around me used to tell me success stories which gave me courage to face the situation. It created a positive outlook towards any situation and it became a habit throughout my life. My father was in armed forces who always tried his best to elevate me. Almost all of my organs are affected. But I fought the situation always.”
            “One fine day, I was told that swimming can help me to improve my health. This was a turning point in my life. I started thinking how I can make progress in this direction. I heard the word Paralympic and it gave a dream before me. I could earn medals at national and international tournaments as everybody knows. The main thing is that determination is a driving force behind all these activities. I had taken part in a beauty contest also where I got a crown.”
            “Everyone, especially the students, must understand that you are the architect of your future. Nobody can stop you from achieving the success in the world. Every disaster or adversity is an opportunity for success. I hope the young generation will follow this message.”   
            Prof. Sharadchandra Darade-Patil said, “Deepa Malik is really Idol not for Indian youth but everybody here as well as in the world.” He quoted a few poems.

0 comments:

Post a Comment