Saturday, October 18, 2008

Booked to Literature

"This is the third time that Culture House of Iran is participating in the Pune Book fair. There is huge community of Iranian students in Pune and I am one of them," said Ebrahim Aghajari.

"I always wanted to write whatever it may be. So I have become a writer. I am first time in Pune and I met three people here who spoke with me in French," said Frederic Mari. Frederic was sitting at the stall of Libre Edition publications from Pondicherry and was signing every book bought by the visitors.

Ebrahim and Frederic were among those who added international look to the seventh edition of Pune Book Fair which is currently on at Ganesh Kala Krida Mandir. Frederic is living in Pondicherry since 1990. He writes in French but Shine, his first translated novel in English is available at the fair. Told through the medium of an Eagle Owl, this novel speaks about the eternal quest of the humanity.

"This is mostly a fictional work but to certain extent, there is personal element in it," he said. About India, he said that he felt he was destined to live here. "I had visited Mumbai earlier but am in Pune first time. I have written plays, film scripts earlier and is currently writing a bulky novel," he said.

Ebrahim has completed his B. E. and is pursuing M. Sc. in Instrumentation in University of Pune. He was managing the stall of Culture House of Iran. "There are 100 to 200 visitors here daily. I think there should be more people. The city is considered as the culture capital of India. It is my opinion that the venue of the fair should be changed. If it was near University, then probably there could be larger crowd," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment